All our quotes cover you for up to two flavours of sponge, but we can cater for every tier being a different flavour. If you would like fruit cake, we suggest that this is kept for the bottom tier due to it’s weight. If however, you only require a few portions of fruit cake, we can create a small fruit ‘cutting’ cake for the kitchen. The number of flavours you have is of course entirely your decision. All our sponge cakes are expertly crafted with 4 layers of sponge, 3 layers of buttercream, (or 2 of buttercream and 1 of curd/preserve) and stand approximately 5” tall.
- Light chocolate cake with chocolate buttercream – optional black cherry or raspberry conserve *
- Valrhona chocolate cake with Belgian chocolate ganache buttercream – *
- Vanilla bean sponge with vanilla bean buttercream – optional raspberry conserve or passion fruit curd *
- Luscious lemon cake with lemon drizzle & lemon buttercream – optional lemon curd *
- Moist carrot cake with a choice of orange or vanilla buttercream and/or orange curd – *
- Exotic light fruit cake, covered in marzipan and fondant
- Almond and orange cake with orange buttercream – optional orange curd *
- Moist banana cake with vanilla bean buttercream – *
- Red velvet sponge with vanilla bean buttercream –
- Vanilla bean sponge with vanilla bean buttercream, white chocolate and raspberry ganache and raspberry preserve
- Traditional rich fruit cake with cherry brandy, covered in marzipan and fondant
- Vanilla bean sponge with white chocolate ganache buttercream and passion fruit curd
NEW for Summer 2015 – We can now offer Salted Caramel Buttercream as an additional option. This very moorish and beautifully balanced Salted Caramel works best with the following flavours: Light chocolate sponge, the Valrhona, the Red Velvet and the Banana cake.
We are now also offering gluten free. Please note the * for gluten free. All Gluten free consultations are charged at £25 which is redeemable against your booking.
Please note the Valrhona sponge, vanilla bean sponge with white chocolate and raspberry, vanilla bean sponge with white chocolate ganache buttercream and passion fruit curd all carry small supplements as do both the fruit cakes. Please enquire for details.
Thanks to www.markbothwell.com – for the stunning picture of our Red velvet cake slices below.