All our quotes cover you for up to two flavours of sponge, but we can cater for every tier being a different flavour. (£25 charged per additional flavour to cover our time in the kitchen). If you would like fruit cake, the traditional fruit cake needs to be booked a minimum of 4 months in advance, the tropical fruit cake 6 weeks. We suggest that the fruit cakes are kept for the bottom tier due to it’s weight. If however, you only require a few portions of fruit cake, we can create a small fruit ‘cutting’ cake for the kitchen. The number of flavours you have is of course entirely your decision. All our sponge cakes are expertly crafted with 4 layers of sponge, 3 layers of buttercream, (or 2 of buttercream and 1 of curd/preserve) and stand approximately 5.5” tall.
- Light chocolate cake with chocolate buttercream – optional black cherry preserve or salted caramel buttercream *
- Decadent Valrhona chocolate cake with Belgian chocolate ganache buttercream – optional raspberry preserve or salted caramel buttercream
- Madagascan vanilla bean sponge with vanilla bean buttercream – optional raspberry conserve or passion fruit curd *
- Luscious lemon cake with lemon drizzle, lemon buttercream and lemon curd *
- Moist carrot cake with vanilla bean buttercream – optional orange curd*
- Exotic light fruit cake, covered in marzipan and fondant
- Almond and orange cake with orange buttercream and orange curd *
- Moist banana cake with vanilla bean buttercream – optional salted caramel buttercream *
- Red velvet sponge with vanilla bean buttercream – optional salted caramel buttercream
- Madagascan vanilla bean sponge with vanilla bean buttercream, white chocolate and raspberry ganache buttercream and raspberry preserve
- Traditional rich cherry brandy fruit cake, covered in marzipan and fondant
- Madagascan vanilla bean sponge with white chocolate ganache buttercream and passion fruit curd
We are now also offering gluten free, egg free and alcohol free. Please note the * for gluten free. All Gluten free consultations are charged at £50, (for 3 flavours), which is redeemable against your booking. Egg free options are all the Vanilla flavours (please check for availability on your date), again £ 50 for the 3 flavours. The only flavour not available without alcohol is the traditional fruit cake.
For all allergens, please use the link below;
Please note the Valrhona sponge, vanilla bean sponge with white chocolate and raspberry, vanilla bean sponge with white chocolate ganache buttercream and passion fruit curd all carry small supplements as do both the fruit cakes. Please enquire for details.
Thanks to www.markbothwell.com – for the stunning picture of our Red velvet cake slices below.